ROUND TABLE SYMPOSIUM
The adoption and use of the CBD oil extracted from Cannabis plants has become a hard currency for nations, owing to its numerous benefits. The use of CBD oil across various countries of the world has proven beneficial for the citizen’s health and the country’s economy.
As pointed out by Medical experts, the CBD oil gotten from Cannabis plants can serve several health and economic benefits, however in Nigeria we continue to play the Ostrich to a booming multi-billion dollar details which could serve as an immense boost for us as a nation, with respect to our health sector and our economy at large.
In recent times Nigeria’s life expectancy generally has declined over the years and this has adversely affected the economy and more importantly affected the rate of death and illness in the country. Statistics in recent time has also shown that nations across the world adopt the use of CBD oil and its production process as a viable health and economic boost however, its usage is totally prohibited in Nigeria and ironically it is classified as illegal product. “ILLEGAL” by what law and on what hypothesis: Cannabis is a product that grows effortlessly in most part of Nigeria.
The misuse of cannabis leave as a drug in time past has adversely affected the belief that cannabis as a plant can be useful for numerous health and trade benefits.
In time past, cannabis was mostly associated with drug abuse and addiction which generally affected the mental state of mind of teeming youth. It may become difficult to bring to our understanding that Cannabis plant can be of immense help not just to the health alone but also to the nation’s trade exchange and exports economy.
Set in motion a national discourse to get the legislation process of legalizing the farming, production and use of Cannabis Oil in Nigeria.
In pursuance of the above objectives –
- Bring to bear the health benefits of the CBD oil;
- Leverage on specific investment platforms and specialized units of Cannabis value chain
- Engage with stakeholders on how to leverage on the production process of the CBD oil as a sustainable means for job creation and empowerment;
- Enlighten relevant arms of government on the economic benefit of the CBD oil and Cannabis Plants
- To educate public officers/relative institutions and law makers on the need to lift the prohibition against the usage of CBD oil owing to its numerous health and economic benefits.
- Emphasis on the health and financial benefit of cannabis production and CBD Oil.